Friday, September 21, 2007

Just Think

While studying for my psychology exam last night, I got to thinking, how important is studying? While trying to cram all of this information for my exam, I became overwhelmed. I never realized how much reading and studying was required for this coarse. As I previously mentioned, psychology is my major. I always had an interest in psychology, mainly forensic psychology. I always just knew I wanted to study that field in college. Yet, I never realized, until last night, that psychology involved so much biology. Learning all of the parts of the brain, ear, and eyes, is all a part of psychology. It makes sense that you would need to know those things because it is all a part of how a person functions. Then I got to thinking, my career is going to begin in just four short years. I know college just began for me, but the future is closer than you think. Studying for these exams, and passing these exams are going to shape my future. So then I started to panic. After a while, I calmed down, and just realized that all I have to do is study and do my best. Yes, this exam means a lot, but it is just one test, there will be others. This does not mean to not take it seriously, but to just do your best. You should not make yourself sick over a test.

Do not get me wrong, studying is very important for your present and future career. Reading and studying is going to play a huge role in the next four years of my life and everyone Else's', but it should not control your life. There should be time to have fun, enjoy life, and carry out a social life. College is about multi-tasking. Make room for fun, but then quiet time for your studies.

No comments: