Monday, October 1, 2007

Hectic

In one of my previous blogs I had described the transition between high school and college. I mentioned how life has drastically changed and how I loved every minute of it. This week I experienced the meaning of hectic. My life was one big rush this week, between work, classes, papers, studying, school activities I just did not have any time to myself. This was the first true time where I had to master the art of multi -tasking. The meaning of rush had expanded beyond my horizon. I did not even know what to do first. I was so bombarded with everything, which once again, brought me to a panic. I took a second to breath then mapped out my days. It was also this week that my student planner came to be a huge help in my life.
Once all activities had been planned out I just took it step by step. First came school work. Classes, papers, and studying came in full force this week, seeing how mid terms are coming up. Next came my school activities such as volunteering at events for student government and Greek life events. Lastly came my job. I realize I have responsibilities at my job, but college is now my top priority, because I will not be working at a bakery my whole life and unfortunately my boss does not understand that. I have been so nervous to take off days at work for school events and that just is not normal. My boss has to realize I attend college now and I have more responsibilities than serving cake. I love my job, I have been working there for three and a half years, but it seems like it may be coming to an end because my boss is just not cooperative. He does not see my side or where I am coming from and that is very frustrating for me.
Hectic would be the perfect adjective to describe this past week. If I survived this week, I can survive any week after this. I am strong and independent and I am learning this more and more as days go by.

1 comment:

breana said...

I think that your priorities of school work before eveything else is the best way to go about a hectic scedual. Employers need to understand that college is number one and they should understand that school always needs to come first. You have also been working there for a really long time and they look at you as such a great asset. I don't they want to loose you because you are such a good worker and you know what you are doing. Plus they probably like you a lot more than they like the other girls.