Sunday, November 4, 2007

CHA CHA CHA CHANGESSSS

As you read in a previous blog, I have been going through a period of confusion. All of a sudden I am uncertain about myself and my decisions. I was a psychology major and I thought that was what I wanted to do, I even had my future plans all ready. Unfortunately this is not what is going to happen. I have taken one coarse in Psychology and I realized that it is not for me. I am not interested in this field. The work was tedious and I was not that dedicated enough to complete it. The only option I had was to withdraw from this class, but that worried me because in order to receive my scholarship money I need to complete a certain amount of credits per semester. If I withdraw this class I will be receiving 12 credits instead of 15. Before withdrawing I had to check with the financial aid office to make sure my scholarships would not be affected by this decision. I also met with my advisor many times and my psychology professor to hear their opinions. No one really helped me so the decision I made was to withdraw from my psychology class and change my major.

In high school I was a member of The Institute of Law and Politics. I enjoyed this program, its' classes and all the options it offered. Not only did I get good grades in these classes I loved what I was learning. That is very important, you need to love what you do in order to succeed. I decided to change my major to criminal justice, which was what I wanted to do in the first place but i was apprehensive because I was unsure of the careers options for this major. After speaking with Dean O'Keefe from the College of Professional Studies, I was sure that this is what I wanted.

Once the changes were final, I was at ease. I can relax and sleep easier because of this. I am now 100% happy with my school life and career!

No comments: